9/08/2014

Day 47 | Week #7 - Where Am I?

This week has been crazy! I got to the airport at two in the morning and had to wait forever to get our bags checked. We arrived at the San Salvador Airport and I was freaking out of my mind, I couldn’t wait to get on the plane.

Once I got on the plane I talked to this old Dutchman about who I was and where I was going. He told me he is going to San Pedro Sula too and he told me all about Honduras, it was awesome! He does charity work here and travels around the world.

Once I got into San Pedro Sula the humidity attacked me and it was not good...but then I saw President Dester and his wife and other missionaries it was great! We all put our bags on a bus and went to the mission office. Once we got there we had pizza and had a meeting about Honduras and what we can and can’t do. We had dinner at the mission president’s house and it was great!!! We slept overnight in San Pedro Sula "SPS" at the APs house. The next day we went on a bus and got breakfast, baleadas, its super popular here and that is an understatement. We got to the mission office for transfers or "cambios" and we got assigned to an area and a companion.

Baleadas by Eliza Stein

I got assigned to Villanueva with Elder Ruiz, a Latino from Nicaragua, he's pretty legit and is helping me learn the language or Idioma. My first time walking through my area I was like, "Where the heck am I?". It was pretty bad culture shock and I had to talk to people in the streets and in their homes. We mainly just talked to the members the 1st day and got to know the area a bit. The second day we taught this guy named Guillermo, he is a trip he never wears a shirt ever and he is super loco.

Far Left, Elder Ruiz - Far Right, The Garcia Family

We have had many lessons and the food here is super good. The Garcia family are members that take care of us, help us a lot and cook for us. Sometimes they let us use their washing machine, their kids are super funny too. We are teaching this guy named Arnaldo, he is super cool. He's 22 and is getting baptized this Saturday. We are getting him ready for it and are helping him out the best we can.

View Outside My Casa

A lot of people call me “Choaee”, because they can't say "sh". Anyway, its funny everyone I run into can’t say my name. Living conditions are sketchy and the water is only on in the morning. We have to use the pila at night to shower. No ticks or lice… only mosquitoes and Montezuma’s Revenge. The bed is pretty comfortable. There is a lot of poverty too, but the people are so happy and giving and nice. There are no greater people on this earth that I have ever met.

Pila "Trough"  [Washing Machine/Shower]

Love, Elder Shoaee aka Elder "Choaee"

No comments:

Post a Comment